By Amuda Dan Sulaiman Fab
The All Progressives Congress, APC, National Executive Council, NEC, on Wednesday transferred power to its National Working Committee, NWC, for 90 days.
NEC transferred its powers to the NWC under the leadership of the party’s National Chairman, Abdullahi Adamu.
National Secretary of APC, Senator Iyiola Omisore told the gathering that Senate President Ahmed Lawan moved the motion and was seconded by Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna.
With this, APC NWC will now take decisions that might require the intervention of the NEC meeting.
The decision was taken after the Party Chairman, Adamu Abdullahi, warned against the illusion that it could not lose an election in 2023.
He reminded the stakeholders of what the opposition, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), experienced in 2014 because of disunity.
Below are resolutions at the NEC meeting
1. Indirect Primaries by Delegates, no Consensus.
2. Also during the ongoing NEC meeting, President Muhammadu Buhari, others also stepped aside, as they transmit their powers to National Working Committee of the APC, to make decisions for the Party for a period of 90 Days (which covers the Presidential primaries).
3. APC NEC meeting has just made a wonderful resolution, approving 50% discount for Nomination/Expression of Interest Forms for Youths running under the party platform (i.e. those from 40 years and below)
4. APC Constitution only recognizes serving Governors as Party Leaders says Sen. Abdullahi Adamu at NEC Meeting.
5. Tinubu not visible at the NEC meeting.
6. Female Aspirants & PWD Aspirants are to purchase Forms for FREE