The attention of the Prince Abubakar Audu University Anyigba, has been drawn to an online publication by the name “PRINCE ABUBAKAR AUDU UNIVERSITY STUDENT’S NEWSLINE” which is not registered with the University, and whose main administrator goes by the name, Saeed Jibrin, a 300 Level student of the Faculty of Law.
The widely circulated publication misinformed the public and our law abiding students that the University under the leadership of the Vice-Chancellor, has increased school fees without confirmation of the said increase from the University Management.
Consequently, the University Management wishes to categorically state as follows:
1. That there is no increase in school fees payable by the returning students;
2. That the fees payable by the returning students still remains as itemised below:
i. Tuition = N21, 900
ii. Third Party Fees = 23,000
iii. Students Levies and Dues (charged by various students’ associations) = N1, 650
This brings the total charges to N46, 550
3. That only recently, after a successful resource verification by the National Universities Commission (NUC), a set of new programmes were approved for the University to commence in the 2022/2023 academic session.
4. That these new programmes include B. NSc. Nursing Science, B.Sc. Pharmacology and BMLS. Medical Laboratory Science;
5. That these new programmes are highly capital intensive which attract higher fees across all Nigerian universities for their peculiarities;
6. That to guarantee the sustainability of these new programmes, Prince Abubakar Audu University, Anyigba, cannot be different; that is why there is need to charge appropriate fees;
7. That, also, for the sustainability of some programmes currently on offer in the University, predominantly those that have two cycles of accreditation, it has become unrealistic to continue to charge a fee of N46,550 to run these programmes.
In line with a circular recently issued out on mode of communication in the University, the University Management wishes to reiterate that students strictly abide by the content of the circular. We therefore wish to inform the public that the position was not as presented in the said publication. The presenter embarked on a frolic of his own without sufficient information. As stated earlier, the returning students are not to pay more than the school fees known to them.
Management, PAAU, Anyigba